View all templates and set default
- Feature Description
- Video Shortcut Links
Access all of your PowerPoint templates in a single location, and set your Powerpoint default template.
Do you often get frustrated trying to work out where are powerpoint templates stored? PPT Productivity's Template Management features make finding the right PowerPoint Template (also known as PowerPoint Themes or .POTX files) easy.
MS Office saves custom templates and themes in a different default location than where PowerPoint's standard Office Themes are saved. This can make it hard to find templates in standard PowerPoint!
PPT Productivity solves this problem by displaying all of your PowerPoint templates in the Template Manager (without changing the saved locations).
Click the New Template button or press the default template shortcut key (Ctrl+N) to open PPT Productivity's Template management popup in PowerPoint.
You can also quickly access any template or presentation file as a new presentation. Template management gives you visibility of all your templates without you needing to relocate the template files. This includes:
- Office templates, commonly in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\
- Office Personal templates, typically in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Custom Office Templates, or OneDrive\Documents\Custom Office Templates
- Your centrally managed Corporate Templates (from the PPT Productivity Team Slide Library feature that allows you to centrally distribute your templates to all users)
- Your Recently used templates
- Your Pinned templates (which display at the top)
Note: Macro-enabled files and templates (.POTM and .PPTM) are not permitted as default templates by PowerPoint.Productivity Tip
You can right-click any template file set as default in the Template Manager for shortcut options to easily Pin or Unpin, open its folder location in Explorer, or copy its path to the clipboard.