Swap the position of two objects in PowerPoint to switch the location. Choose from Swap Position, Swap Vertically or Swap Horizontally.
PPT Productivity PowerPoint add-in's Swap Positions features lets you quickly edit a PowerPoint slide to swap the position of two selected objects, so that the selected objects switch positions. The swap position feature works for shapes, images and text boxes. Wondering why there are different buttons? The impact of a swap is different if you're swapping shapes that are different sizes:
- Swap Position: Swaps the position of two selected objects based on the top left coordinates of each object
- Swap Position Horizontal: Swaps the position of two selected objects. Anchors to the same left and right boundaries, retaining the same horizontal gap between the shapes
- Swap Position Vertical: Swaps the position of two selected objects. Anchors to the same top and bottom boundaries, retaining the same vertical gap between the shapes
All PPT Productivity features can be used via the Customizable Shortcut Keys for PowerPoint feature. You can update the shortcut keys to any preferred available combination, but to get you started we have set up the following for swapping shape positions:
- Keyboard Shortcut to swap positions: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S
- Keyboard Shortcut to swap positions horizontally: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+~
- Keyboard Shortcut to swap positions vertically: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+!