Align using shortcut keys
PPT Productivity's Customizable Shortcut Keys feature can be used to quickly align shapes in PowerPoint.
PPT Productivity comes with pre-set shortcut keys for alignment. You can assign additional shortcuts or change existing shortcuts. To assign shortcut keys:
- Go to PPT Productivity tab > Settings > Shape Alignment, and tick "Align to first selected shape rather than outmost shape".
- Then Shift+click on each alignment button to assign your shortcut key, OR filter for commands named "FirstSelected" in the Shortcut Key Manager (PPT Productivity tab > Manage Custom Shortcut Keys).
The Align shapes shortcuts align shapes relative to each other if multiple shapes are selected, or to the extreme border if only one shape is selected. You can combine the align shortcut keys with the No Fly Zone feature, to align shapes to a set text boundary.
All PPT Productivity features can be used via the Customizable Shortcut Keys for PowerPoint feature. You can update the shortcut keys to any preferred available combination, but to get you started we created the following shortcut keys for aligning shapes in PowerPoint:
- Shortcut key to Align Left Ctrl+Alt+Shift+L
- Shortcut key to Align Right Ctrl+Alt+Shift+R
- Shortcut key to Align Center horizontal Ctrl+Alt+Shift+E
- Shortcut key to Align Top Ctrl+Alt+Shift+T
- Shortcut key to Align Bottom Ctrl+Alt+Shift+B
- Shortcut key to Align Middle Vertical Ctrl+Alt+Shift+M