- Paint Formatting
PPT Productivity's set of Format Painters let you quickly copy formatting in PowerPoint, so you can update shapes, text, tables, and charts. These Format Painters enable more complex copying and pasting formatting in PowerPoint than the standard Microsoft features.
Microsoft's PowerPoint format painter cannot copy paste shape size, table formatting or charts. The standard PowerPoint format painter copies and pastes styles but does not support selectively copying and pasting attributes (e.g., copy font and outline color, but not fill color).
The Pick Up Object Style and Apply Object Style features in standard PowerPoint can copy font size, color, fill color, outline color. But again, they do not have an option to specify selected attributes to copy.
PPT Productivity has a set of format painter buttons packed with extra features! PPT Productivity's Format Painters for PowerPoint include:
- Advanced Format Painter: specify selective attributes to copy paste from an extensive list
- Style Painter: copy font style and size, shape color, shape outline color, outline thickness and style
- Text Format Painter: copy font style and size only
- Position & Size Painter: copy the position and size of an object, to align other objects across multiple slides in your presentation
- Table Format Painter: copy the style of a PowerPoint table including line color and weight, fill color, font size, style and boldness
- Shape Change Painter: copy a shape type and paste to change other selected shapes
- Chart Painter: copy the format of a chart, including chart type. Quickly apply the chart type and formatting to update other charts
- Angles and Tips Painter: copy the angles or tips of a shape to apply to another shape, for example on chevrons or triangles
- Animation Painter: copy the animation of a selection to apply to another selection, with options to replace or append the animation when pasting
Specific feature buttons address the most common format painting needs (e.g. to copy and paste table formatting), while the Advanced Format Painter lets you customize settings for less common format painting (e.g., to copy and paint the same font color and angles but not change fill color to other shapes). Scroll to read more about each feature.
Table Format Painter
Quickly format the layout of PowerPoint Tables by copying and pasting the formatting of another PowerPoint Table.
Microsoft doesn't let you save PowerPoint table templates. This feature is the next best thing to a PowerPoint table template. Copy the formatting of a PowerPoint table, then paste the formatting to another table in the same or a different presentation.
The feature copies and applies:
- Table colors: the feature copies and pastes table colors including any header, footer, first or last column color variations
- Table fonts: table fonts are applied to the destination table
- Table text direction: feature can apply formatting e.g. table text rotated 90%
- Table cell margins: the feature updates table cell margins
Simply select the PowerPoint Table with your preferred formatting and click the Table Format Painter feature to copy it. Next click the target table to apply the formatting. The target table will update with the copied table formatting applied. Alternatively, select multiple tables then click the feature button. Table Format Painter will apply the formatting of the first table selected to the subsequent table(s) selected.
Can you paint selected table attributes (paint a subset of attributes e.g. font and line colors)? Yes! Ctrl+click the Table Format Painter feature to open the settings box. Select or deselect attributes you want to copy. For example, by default the Table Format Painter does not change the row heights, column width or table size.
However you can Ctrl+click when selecting the Table Format Painter button and choose to include these attributes.
Check out PPT Productivity's Advanced Format Painter feature for quickly applying formats like shape size, position and more.
Want to see our tools in action?
Book a personalized demo with our PowerPoint professionals
Book Live Demo
Download 30 Day Free Trial
Download your 30 day free trial - Microsoft Office for Windows
Start Free Trial