- Paint Formatting
PPT Productivity's set of Format Painters let you quickly copy formatting in PowerPoint, so you can update shapes, text, tables and charts. These Format Painters enable more complex copying and pasting formatting in PowerPoint than the standard Microsoft features.
Microsoft's PowerPoint format painter cannot copy paste shape size, table formatting or charts. The standard PowerPoint format painter copies and pastes styles but does not supportselectively copying and pasting attributes (e.g. copy font and outline color but not fill color).
The Pick Up Object Style and Apply Object Style features in standard PowerPoint can copy font size, color, fill color, outline color. But again, they do not have an option to specify selected attributes to copy.
PPT Productivity's set of format painter features includes:
- Advanced Format Painter: lets you specify selective attributes to copy paste from an extensive list
- Style Painter: copy font style and size, shape color, shape outline color, outline thickness and style
- Text Format Painter: copy font style and size only
- Position & Size Painter: copy the position and size of an object, to align other objects across multiple slides in your presentation
- Table Format Painter: copy the style of a PowerPoint table including line color and weight, fill color, font size, style and boldness
- Shape Change Painter: copy a shape type and paste to change other selected shapes
- Chart Painter: copy the format of a chart, including chart type. Quickly apply the chart type and formatting to update other charts
- Angles and Tips Painter: copy the angles or tips of a shape to apply to another shape, for example on chevrons or triangles
- Animation Painter: copy the animation of a selection to apply to another selection, with options to replace or append the animation when pasting
Specific feature buttons address the most common format painting needs (e.g to copy and paste table formatting), while the Advanced Format Painter lets you customize settings for less common format painting (e.g. to copy and paint the same font color and angles but not change fill color to other shapes). Scroll to read more about each feature.
New Feature: The Animation Painter feature is being progressively rolled out to new and existing Power Tools users through January and early February 2023 (including those using the free trial).
Standard PowerPoint has an animation painter. PPT Productivity's animation painter does all the standard PowerPoint animation painter features, plus it also gives you the ability to:
- Replace Animation: Select to replace an animation with the format painter - for example paint existing animations to make them bounce rather than swivel
- Append Animation:: Select to append an animation - adding a selected animation onto an existing animation for selected shapes - for example append a swivel animation so that a shape bounces and then swivels
Double click the Animation Painter to activate the multi painter feature. This lets you click on multiple objects, updating the associated animation to match the copied selection. Multi painter mode will continue until you press the escape key.
Want to see our tools in action?
Book a personalized demo with our PowerPoint professionals
Book Live Demo
Download 30 Day Free Trial
Download your 30 day free trial - Microsoft Office for Windows
Start Free Trial