Today, we’re excited to announce that more than 30 new time saving PPT Productivity features have just been released. Many of the new features have been requested by our user community and include:
- A new, feature-packed Shape toolbar
- Create and select from multiple Shape Galleries
- Add and find “sticky notes”
- Plus many more minor improvements
But we’re only getting started – there’s a stack of great new features on our product roadmap. If you have additional suggestions then let us know. From December 2013 we’ll begin releasing new features more often, rather than releasing large changes less regularly.
New Shape Toolbar
The Shape toolbar provides more than 30 frequently used Shape functions on the left of the PowerPoint screen, no matter which ribbon menu tab is selected.
- Same size: height, width
- Rescale: to any percent, down (90%), or up (110%)
- Swap: horizontal and vertical, horizontal only, vertical only
- Align horizontally: left, center, right
- Align vertically: top, middle, bottom
- Distribute: vertically, horizontally
- Stack: vertically, horizontally
- Expand and squeeze: vertically, horizontally
- Remember and set: shape size/position, table size/position/columns widths
- Send: to back, bring to front
- Flip: horizontally, vertically
- Rotate: clockwise, counter clockwise
- Select same shapes: same color, same size
Multiple Shape Galleries
The Shape and Slide Gallery has been extended to allow you to use multiple Shape Galleries.
Great for corporates who need multiple PowerPoint templates or styles and consultants who need different formats for clients.
Click the new Change Gallery button at the bottom of the Shape Gallery to reveal the gallery list.
Create a new gallery by copying Shapes to a subfolder, where the Gallery name is the folder name.
Add or find sticky notes
Add notes to your slides to assist in reviews. New notes defaults user initials from the Office settings and today’s date.
Once you’ve added a note, easily find the next note in your presentation.
Plus many more improvements
There are plenty of other improvements in this release, including:
- Splash screen removed on open (now only shows once after an installation or upgrade)
- First level bullet no longer changes text to bold
- Help and installation files moved back to pptproductivity.com
- Shapes Gallery location changed from C:\Users\username\Appdata\Roaming to C:\Users\Public\Public Documents (files are moved for you) to make it easier for IT Admin to install your Shape Galleries
- Four example Shape Galleries installed for new installations
- Removed username and date field from the activation requirements
- Hold down the Ctrl key when you tag a slide to display the full path for file